View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jazz waive Sundiata Gaines, Othyus Jeffers, Demetris Nichols and Ryan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Maybe with Sloan gone his days are numbered? Doesn't sound like they pushed the Nets for anything. You want Deron? OK. What will you offer? Deal! Unbelievable really to deal such an asset without shopping him to the highest bidder. Nets could have and would have given a lot more as would other teams.
I think O'Connor had said he didn't want to shop Deron too hard because he was worried teams would start low-balling him. They obviously wanted draft picks and the Nets were in the best position to give them multiple lottery picks. I don't have a problem with him going to the Nets, I just don't see why he couldn't have said "OK, you can have Deron, but we want to swap Murphy for Okur and you'll have to take Bell/Price also". The Nets were willing to take the contracts of guys like Harrington and Rip Hamilton in the Melo deal, so surely he could of pushed for Okur to be in the deal too. Hell, maybe you could even push for someone like Morrow to be in the deal too.

I know there's not proof he didn't do any of that, but from the way O'Connor described the situation, King offered him the Favors/Harris/draft pick combo and he said yes on the spot.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote