View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Anyone else frustrated?

Quote:
Sloan's system probably wasn't going to win a championship

Than why keep him as coach when you have players that should be winning titles?

Quote:
how the hell can you say he sucked as a coach

I said the Jazz sucked before Corbin took over. He left at the right time. Now everyone can forget the way they were playing and blame it all on Ty despite not having the same superstar pg as Sloan.

Quote:
is having 50+ win seasons every season in one of the smallest markets in the NBA bad, because I don't consider it

With Stockton and Malone anyone would have won just as the jester Frank Layden did before him and just as you or I would have. Question is could anyone else have done a better job and won big? I say yes.

Quote:
If Sloan really sucked as a coach with numerous 50 win seasons, than Ty Corbin might be the worst coach in history under what your standards of Jerry.

He might be and hopefully he gets fired like Sloan should have been 20 years ago when they went from 1st to 3rd like any other coach in sports would have been. I doubt it can get worse than Layden though. Even PJ beats out Frank on a list of coaches.

Quote:
the Jazz could have maybe gone after Matthews, but we would have been big time over the cap/luxury tax, and the Jazz are one of numerous teams that don't want to go over the cap/luxury tax too much. Matthews contract was pretty frontloaded and a lot.

Wouldn't have paid any luxury tax to sign Matthews. Jefferson is where the luxury tax came in not mention the stupid extention they gave Okur the year before. Matthews is looking like a potential all-star and would have been a bargain after this year just as Millsap is now. They would be a better team with him instead of Jefferson/Bell/Elson even though Sloan wouldn't have taken advantage of all his skills like the great McMillan has.

Quote:
Jefferson's contract might not be the best ever, but who we're the Jazz going to get in the mean time while we have Paul at PF, and who at C when Okur has/was been out for this long?
[

I don't know maybe an actual center that plays a different game than Paul?

Quote:
Harrison Barnes and Terrence Jones are probably going to be the best available if we're at 7-10 range, their good wing players that we might need.

It's a long ways to even predict. Already have young wings. I'd just as soon they traded for an OJ Mayo than the next Evan Turner at a position they already have filled.

Quote:
A Center wouldn't be a bad pick-up, but you're going to have to do something with Okur/Jefferson or Millsap.

Why? They need a young center regardless not to mention vets that aren't overpaid and underachieving. The Ukarainean stiff isn't it. Koufos might have been but they gave him away in the ill-advised Jefferson deal.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote