View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Reef
College star

Default Re: why are we still booing?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The thing about T-Mac is that we really had nothing much to boo him for. He didn't quit on us at any point and he played hard and well for us. Only thing I didn't like for him was how he pretty much acted like he wanted to come back but then left us high and dry and talked later as if there was no possibility of him wanting to stay. Either way though, I never booed T-Mac and in fact I always cheered for him to get out of the 1st round (which unfortunately never happened). I liked T-Mac a lot more than Vince, I can tell you that much.

Exactly. Bosh kind of did the same thing with not being clear about his intentions with free agency. It was pretty obvious that he didn't plan to stay well before free agency started, but I put the blame on Colangelo for just sitting on his hands.

If I was BC, I'd just tell the player, "either you commit now or I'm going to trade you", just like what happened with Melo and Deron Williams. Look at Denver: they ended up with pretty much a new starting lineup of solid young players (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov), while Utah got a decent point guard (Harris), a solid prospect (Favors), and 2 potential top 10 picks. What did we get? James Johnson, our own pick back, and a TPE that we probably won't use. We also got a conditional 1st rounder for McGrady.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote