View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default McGrady To Remain A Piston?

It sounds like Joe D wants to try to keep McGrady past this season...

Quote:
McGrady has been a part-time starter for the Pistons, averaging 23.7 minutes. But McGrady vows hes content, and said Detroit will be first on his list when he becomes a free agent after the season. Ive had talks with Joe (Dumars) and he definitely wants to bring me back, McGrady said of the Detroit executive. And Im excited about him having that willingness to bring me back. But that is something that I will evaluate. Maybe Ill be here again.

Dumars confirmed he has interest in retaining McGrady. Ive had conversations with Tracy about going forward beyond this season, Dumars wrote in an e-mail. We both agreed that we would sit down after the season and discuss his future in more detail. *********.com

With the way he just got benched not too long ago and how the whole team feels about Kuester I think it's still a 50/50 thing. Honestly, there probably are better situations out there for him where he can play just as much and have a chance to win a championship. With that said, if we end up losing Tay that will free up quite a bit of PT for him and even some of the younger guys. It might make him a full time starter at that point, which might not happen with a contender. I'd like to see him back, mainly because I just don't see us attracting any other FA's for the most part.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote