View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default James Johnson vs. William Buford vs. Travis Leslie vs....

So pretty much this thread is about James Johnson and our trading the presumed 25 pick for him. Anyone could go at 25, but i'm just looking at the mock drafts for who they have penciled at that spot.

James Johnson (who we got)
William Buford *SG (nbadraft.net)
Travis Leslie *SF (draftexpress)
Markieff Morris *PF (mynbadraft.com)
Kemba Walker *PG (CBS)

So, James Johnson. A lot of you are high on his horse, but not seeing a lot to be excited about. This is his 3rd year in the league and with increased PT he's shown himself to be a half decent reserve quality player but nobody who should be getting more than 10 mins/game or so. There's a reason Chicago didn't want him.

Now for the comarisons

William Buford: Explosive scorer. He can create his own shot off the dribble. Somewhat of a streaky scorer but he can really light it up when he's on. He's also a good rebounder for his size and a decent passer. Major issues probably being defense, but from an offensive standpoint the guy is fundamentally sound.

Travis Leslie: The dude has ridiculous athleticism. Need proof of that? Ask Demarcus Cousins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvblnXCONLA Very strong and very athletic, kind of undersized at the 2, but cut in the mold of a Dwayne Wade. He's a great rebounder for his size and people have said he has a good work ethic. His areas of need being to improve his perimeter shooting and defense.

Markieff Morris: Very efficient scorer, good around the basket, solid defender. However, as we all know, another PF is the last thing we need so no skin off our back there.

Kemba Walker: This dude is pretty much the man right now. Very efficient scorer (both 2 and 3 pointers), he can create his own shot, great speed and ball handling ability, good playmaking ability and courtvision. Only problem MAY be his defense, but that really has yet to be seen.

Anyways those are just a few of the prospects of late first round picks. I'd take Leslie, Buford, and Walker over James Johnson and there's probably several others i'd take over him too. I think it was a quick fix move and it wasn't given enough thought.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote