View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fact or Fiction: Knicks will step up defensively in the playoffs

I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to say. You can't point to stars in the play-offs because alot of the teams have a star.

It's almost like the advantage of having a star is canceled out because it's more than likely that a team with a star will face another team that has a star.

What happens at that point? Do they tie? No. The advantage teams should strive for is in team work. That is the difference between a win and a loss.

I also just thought of a perfect recent example to help explain my self. The Knicks have 2 stars right? Carmelo and Amar'e. According to your theory we should be playing pretty well right now but were not.

Do you know who just passed the Knicks in the standings? The 76ers. Who is really a superstar on that team? Nobody. So why have they surged so far up the standings and passed the Knicks? The team started to play together and guys know their roles.

What I'm trying to say is you can't act like just because we have Carmelo and Amar'e now that were going to hold our own in the play-offs. We are most likely vsing the Bulls or the Celtics in the first round. The way those teams play, we won't have a chance.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote