View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #35
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just watched Blade Runner for the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Have you seen "The Ninth Gate" with Johnny Depp?

Yeah, I actually went out and bought that on dvd after seeing it on cable. I thought it was awesome. Yet another one of those movies where you walk away asking questions though. To this day, I still wonder if the blonde broad was the Devil, and wtf was the deal with the castle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Makes perfect sense. It's like the difference between a horror film and a thriller/suspense etc.

Both are horror/suspense movies. The pacing in them is what drives you up the wall the most, and plays with your senses. By the end of the movie, you're climbing up the walls just dying to find out wtf the big deal, and or secret is because they've been putting you "on edge" the entire time. One is creepier though, and I believe its Suspiria, due to the style in which the director films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
You should look into Argento's entire filmography if you liked Suspiria, his style is universal throughout his career, although Suspiria's sound effects and music were better than anything he ever did.

Everyone is telling me to go for that as well. Im probably going to search through Netflix.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote