View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: How to lock the #1 seed and homecourt

I don't know if you read my entire post or if you just misunderstood the message I was trying to get across. In no way shape or form did I mean for our Bulls to take the Celtics and Magic games lightly. I even said that I see our Bulls winning all of the games they have left in the regular season. I was just trying to say that as long as we take care of business against the three clearly inferior oppononents (Cavs, Knicks, and Nets) then we dont need to worry about the top seed because it will be ours. We can play the Celtics and the Magic and play really well and just have a tough game and lose by a two or three points or lose on a last second shot or something like that, but if we beat the Cavs, Knicks, and Nets then the #1 seed is ours regardless of the results against the Celtics and Magic. But absolutely the Bulls should come out and give 110% to beat both the Celtics and Magic because those would be major and important statement wins to head into the postseason with and would also give us an edge over them if or when we meet them in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I'm sorry, but I disagree with that.

First off, Boston is pretty beat up right now. They are good, and find ways to win, but we shouldn't let them get an easy game, just because we aren't focused on beating them. If we beat them, we need to win 1 more, and then we can rest, if that's what the hard work ethic of this team truly wants to do.

Second off, let Orlando slide? Anyone that wants to see Rose win the MVP knows this game could become the decider. There is NO letting off the gas here.

If you want to win the title, you can't take the easy way out of the regular season. At least not when they aren't truly experienced in the playoffs.

Big games we need to pay attention to:
Boston at Miami this Sunday
Spurs at Los Angeles next Tuesday
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote