View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #28
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: The *OFFICIAL* Europe vs. Canada thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^^ That's the most annoying part of it all. That you guys continue to complain that it's about who shares your views vs. who doesn't share your views. There are established posters here like Toni, Q, Rapsfan, RT, etc... who can tell you that in the time i've been here (speaking for me personally, not anyone else) we've had many disagreements over the years on a variety of topics. But the reason it never escalated to this point is because this is how the disagreement/argument would go.

1. I state my opinion, and add some facts to back it up.
2. They state their counter opinion and use facts to back it up.
3. Either we come to an eventual agreement or we agree to disagree and it ends there.

Now what happens is.
1. A person states there opinions and uses facts to back them up.
2. 2nd person doesn't like or agree with the opinion so calls first person ignorant and racist.
3. Person 1 is offended by this and continues the name calling.
4. The board goes to shit.

If you don't like an opinion that has been given on the board, state your counter opinion (without insults and accusations) and leave it at that. I know you wish that the majority of people on this board would share your opinions, but let's be real, they don't. And we're not at fault for that, so don't hold the board hostage for that reason, it's not fair to the rest of us.

Good point.

I remember when the TJ vs. Jose argument was going on and no one said anything about euros. Perhaps because it was a 50/50 split, even the majority favouring Jose. But those were rational arguments and no one took it personally.

I think this thread should remain open, even sticky. If the thread bothers you, than you don't even have to open it. But at least when other threads get out of hand we can all direct posters back here.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote