View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #21
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Philosophers prove existence of God and why you should be a person of faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Jabes is smart.

1 - 2 - 2 isn't 0.

thats some of the dumbest **** in existance. this whole "believe in God, because WHAT IF YOU'RE WRONG?" you should believe in God because you believe in God, if you're using religion as a safety net, first of all, when judgement comes around if God has any kind of wit about him at all, and considering he's come up with all the **** the human race has barely begun to figure out he probably does, he's gonna KNOW and totally call your bull**** and send you down below, and secondly you're making religion look bad because you're being grouped in with all the people who actually have faith.

As a Christian, I agree. If your reason for believing God is because you don't want to be wrong when you die, or that you hope He'll let you in, is that really believing? It should be because that is actually what you want to put stock in. Not because that's what Mommy and Daddy or Grandma believed in, how does that benefit you to do what your folks did? How is that genuine? Before your claim to a believer in God or not believe, or whatever the case may be, make sure you have your own reasons for having that conviction. Don't base you convictions on what other people do, because then it's not belief, that's just mimicking someone else.

If God wanted you to be someone else, He would've made you that other person. If He wanted you to have that person's brain, He would've given you that other person's brain. But He didn't, He gave you your own to use. So make up your own mind on what you want to believe, not "My whole family's Baptist," or "I'm a preacher's kid." That's why preachers' kids end up being biggest heathens(for lack of a better term) in the church.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote