View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #31
steve

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, I'm gonna have to hit up some crib notes. I watched, but just couldn't get into it. It was definitely a bit overwhelming for the uninatiated. It opened with ritual dismemberment, and included and midget getting a hummer, so it's probably worth a further look.

I was a little distracted at the time though waiting for The Killing to start up.
From what I've read, it only gets better over the next several episodes (the first six episodes are already in the can and have been given to critics).

I've read the first book (which this season is based on), and watching the first episode definitely raised my interest level more than the book. It gets easier to recognize the characters as the story progresses, it's just a lot to take in on the first go round.

It'll be interesting to see how they frame the episodes going further though. The book is written from the point of view of specific characters (there's a POV character for each chapter), but obviously that can't really be done on TV, so you'll end up having characters like Robb Stark take on even greater importance.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote