View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Let's talk Charlie V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Charlie can bring firepower off the bench that a guy like JJ can't, so he may have a role, but I'd love to trade him if possible.

I've long been upset that we never got Gortat. I bet we could have stolen him before the big trade to Phoenix for something like Prince(and maybe a pick or even Daye for christ's sake) for Pietrus/Gortat. They might have even wanted CV in the right deal

I would have liked to traded for Gortat too, just at the right price. I think Prince is better than Richardson or Turkoglu which is certainly would have caught the attention of the Magic. I think they really wanted to move Carter though so it probably would have needed to be a trade like Hamilton & Prince for Gortat & Carter (with whatever other fillers). I think the Magic would have been better off but that wouldn't have necessarily helped us right away.

The other side of it too is the Magic went to a finals with Turkoglu as a main piece and they already had a good relationship with him. Phoenix was forced to trade Richardson after he started nailing Nash's wife (allegedly). It was either him or Nash that had to go and of course they wanted to keep Nash.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote