View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Piston draft prospects

I think there will be a few good PG's in this draft. That's why I wasn't opposed to taking one, like Knight if he drops to us. The more I think about it, the more I think we need help in the back court and not the front court. Sure we were over loaded with guards last year but we just didn't have enough of them that played well. Couple that with how Rip got benched and we really didn't help ourselves. I know Detroit is all about defense but right now we have nobody besides Stuckey who can put the ball in the bucket. If someone like Tyler or Johnson isn't available for our 2nd round pick but a guy like Mack is I would definitely draft him. After all, he did lead a team to the championship game this year and was a big part of getting them there last year. Selby is a SG and only 6'1". I don't know if people are saying he's changing positions now but I don't see him making it in the NBA. He'd really have to learn some new skills. I also think Jimmer isn't getting enough hype. I don't know if he'll be an all-star but the guy can score. The way he created space for himself and used his size as a PG is something that will translate to any level. He's going to be a solid player for someone in this league. I'm not saying we should draft him at #7 but anywhere past about 9 or 10 will be a good deal for some team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote