View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Default Re: Greg Monroe representing Pistons at 2011 Draft Lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
No doubt if Williams fell to them they would take him in a hearbeat. With that said, Favors isn't a C. He's really more of a PF. Okur is constantly injured and that's why they've had issues at C. They had Jefferson playing there but he's really more of a PF too. Jefferson isn't a big enough defensive presence in the middle. He's a great scorer though. That's why I see them grabbing Kanter. It's also why I bring up the Fesenko thing that Detroit fans always want to fantasize about. If he couldn't play there he just plain can't play. They really need a C. If they take Knight they will need to trade Harris though. He certainly wouldn't be a happy camper and there are a lot of teams that could use a PG like him. He's really been a solid PG over the past few years.

Fesenko was actually very good when they used him, but with Jefferson and Sap needing minutes, AK playing some 4 and Favors being acquired, he was often out of the rotation. Plus he is terrible and unskilled offensively. IMO though he is a Kendrick Perkins level defender. THe team's plus minus soared whenever they put Fesenko on the floor and took Jefferson off of it.

I never said Jefferson was a C. We agree there.

Okur basically had one injury, but I wasn't suggesting counting on him anyways.

Favors is a pure C all around. He CAN play PF, but he will be a C in this league. He plays a lot more like Tyson Chandler,Marcus Camby or a poor man's Dwight than any PF in this league. He's the same size as Dwight coming out. He's not only tall,long and athletic enough to be a Center, but he also has a nice wide body to put more weight on to if he so desires. Nothing about his game or his size makes him a PF and with Jefferson and Sap at the 4, they need an athletic shot blocker type to play the C spot.

More so though, if Favors is not a C in your eyes, Kanter is certainly not. Kanter is actually kind of similar to Al Jefferson. He's not an elite shot blocker and he doesn't have elite shot blocking or athleticism
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote