View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #93
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people
Default Re: Should Cavs Pick Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
This. Irving is legit, he's athletic and he'll be one of the best shooters in the league from day one. He almost reminds me of a more athletic Curry (Eddy obviously). Plus, you don't want to let a lame duck guy like Baron Davis or a journeyman like Sessions affect your high lottery pick, it's totally best player available when you're as torn down as Cleveland.

Williams would be a good fit, but I'd only take him if I was certain he would be much better than Kanter or someone. I think anyone would work well in Cleveland, they really don't have any definite keepers on their roster.

I don't know why people don't realize that Williams is a TWEENER. A very good one, but a TWEENER nevertheless. He is kinda undersized for 4 and probably have no more than average quickness for a 3.

Irving is the clear cut number 1. When you have the best pure point guard prospect since Chris Paul, you have to take him even if your team has a solid rotation of BDiddy/Sessions.

Putting this in words, Irving will be starting from day one. You can't hinder the development of a possibly superstar by benching him because BDiddy is a "veteran."
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote