Thread: 2011 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #43
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: 2011 NBA Draft

The Jazz have two of the top dozen picks in the June 23 NBA Draft. A source said Thursday that while Jimmer Fredette isn't being looked at for Utah's No. 3 selection, he definitely will be given consideration if available at No. 12. Consider the interest mutual. "Yeah, that would be something that would be very cool," the star guard from BYU said Thursday at the NBA Draft Combine about the possibility of being drafted by the Jazz. "Obviously, I have a big following out there. I feel comfortable there. I have a lot of family and friends in the area. It's a good system, a lot of pick rolls.

Jazz officials, who didn't want to discuss Fredette in Chicago, were to have an interview with him Thursday night at the combine. Among those who were scheduled to meet with Fredette include general manager Kevin O'Connor, director of player personnel Walt Perrin, head coach Tyrone Corbin and assistants Scott Layden and Jeff Hornacek. Fredette anticipated sitting down with nine NBA teams on Thursday in Chicago. But most important for Fredette is what he'll be doing while standing up at the combine, which began Wednesday and runs through Saturday.

The Bucks, who are in the market for a backup point guard, conducted a formal interview with Brigham Young University star point guard Jimmer Fredette on the first day of the NBA pre-draft camp.

Fredette said he had an intensive interview with several Bucks officials, including general manager John Hammond and head coach Scott Skiles. "I thought it went well," Fredette said. "I think they really like me and I really liked talking to them."

BYU's Jimmer Fredette, out of upstate Glens Falls, doesn't mind if he falls out of the lottery, even if it costs him money on his rookie contract. All Fredette wants is a team where he's a good fit. And, yes, Fredette, the National Player of the Year, believes Mike D'Antoni's high-speed Knicks, who select 17th, are a match made in heaven. Fredette, the BYU 6-foot-1 sharpshooting point guard, told The Post at yesterday's pre-draft camp here he has agreed to work out for the Knicks in Westchester on June 2. "It's a team that's definitely intriguing especially with their style of play," Fredette said yesterday. "Being able to get up and down the court, that's what we did at BYU. That's how I feel comfortable playing. Obviously, being from New York and liking the Knicks growing up, we'll see."

D'Antoni adores sweet shooters like Fredette. He's been on the Knicks' radar for a while. One year ago, Fredette worked out for the Knicks and strained his quad muscle, cutting the session short. Days later, he decided to pull out of the draft. Fredette said he was looking for a guarantee and didn't get one.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote