View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #15
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST
 
Theoo's Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Buddy Ball
Posts: 3,003
Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 2 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
All the complainers and whiners in this thread need to deal with a few facts:

Despite being up 1-0 the Heat has problems.

They shot only 38.9%. In other words, they rely heavily on LeBron and Wade to hit their perimeter shots. Sure they're versatile and potent, but they're not terribly consistent from the bonus line (33% and 31% respectively this season). They hit 70% of their 3s in Game 1. Once that percentage drops back to the means, their offense is exposed as inefficient.
In game 1, the Heat performed well on the glass, above the norm. This shouldn't be taken for granted, given the larger sample size of their rebounding over the season and the playoffs.
Dallas held Miami to 0.88 points per possession & only 8 points from transition, in which Haslem fired blanks from the top of the key, Bibby bricked all of his shots, & Bosh was a horrible 5 of 18. So, because the Heat is deadly in transition, the Mavericks kept that under control and forced Wade/Bron to hit their jumpers. That wasn't enough for Game 1, but it could be for tonight. Dallas just needs to rebound better and hit a couple more shots and they'll steal homecourt.

Lets break down your flawed analysis

Quote:
They shot only 38.9%. In other words, they rely heavily on LeBron and Wade to hit their perimeter shots. Sure they're versatile and potent, but they're not terribly consistent from the bonus line (33% and 31% respectively this season). They hit 70% of their 3s in Game 1. Once that percentage drops back to the means, their offense is exposed as inefficient.

They shot 38.9% because they got alot of 2nd chance shot from offensive rebounds, they had 16 offensive rebounds. Now, dallas should be happy miami shot poorly because this could have been a blow out. Bosh shot 5-19 Fg%, i don't think this will last, also wade shot 9/19FG, and i think this will not last either.


Quote:
In game 1, the Heat performed well on the glass, above the norm. This shouldn't be taken for granted, given the larger sample size of their rebounding over the season and the playoffs.

Miami just finished playing the best rebounding team in the League (The Bulls). Apart from game 1 where the bulls out rebounded them by a big margin, they pretty much held their own against the bulls on the glass, and thats why the bulls never won any other game except for game 1. They out rebounded the Celtics by a big margin, the sixers too.. I wouldn't put any emphasis on their rebounding in the regular season, because we know that doesn't mean shit.
On the other hand, Dallas although they've been winning games in the playoffs, OKC out rebounded dallas in all the games, Lakers out rebounded them in 2 of the games, They split with portland on rebounds. So no, Dallas is not a better rebounding team than miami, given that they have dirk/chandler/haywood.


Quote:
Dallas held Miami to 0.88 points per possession & only 8 points from transition, in which Haslem fired blanks from the top of the key, Bibby bricked all of his shots, & Bosh was a horrible 5 of 18. So, because the Heat is deadly in transition, the Mavericks kept that under control and forced Wade/Bron to hit their jumpers. That wasn't enough for Game 1, but it could be for tonight. Dallas just needs to rebound better and hit a couple more shots and they'll steal homecourt.

While this sounds all good in theory, the fact is lebron only shot 1 freethrow in game one, this is not going to last, Miami is not giving up the rebounding battle, they are fresh from playing the bulls, they know what to do. If dirk is going to chip in and rebound the ball, expect his scoring to be affected, because he still has to work hard to score on miami's defense. And just like derrick rose in the bulls series, if dirk is not scoring efficiently, Dallas is not winning this series.. ..

Last edited by Theoo's Daddy : 06-02-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote