View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #413
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown named new Lakers head coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The coach is merely the teacher that offers you ways to get started. It is however up to the student to put that teaching to use, or not. The players will need to learn how to play with each other within mike brown's system, and this will determine whether they will win or not. Not the name of a coach, that many of you called "incompetent" or a "joke". What I love about Mike Brown is he is a work-a-holic. He will find a way to get these guys to play together on both ends. It is up to them from that point to go that extra mile and win it for themselves.

^^^^^^ This makes no sense at all....not the least bit.....sorry.
The coach is responsible for complete in-game strategy, adjustments, proper use of timeouts, clock management and calling up plays to close out games.....you make it sound like the head coach doesn't need to show up for the game? I have seen Brown blow way too many games to like him.
I do wish him the very best success.....Lakers need to pass Boston, Kobe needs to pass MJ.

I love a hard working coach.....but truthfully it's not how long Mike Brown prepares, it's what he knows and how he prepares for games.
A friend of mine, a retired 15 year NBA veteran starter told me that his favorite head coach....an NBA HOF legend ran a maximum 90 minute practice...never one second more than that ever........Knowledge > Time practicing........I mean would Dunleavy be better than Phil if he Worked 20 hours a day 7 days a week coaching

No insult intended to anyone but I wish everyone on here would go and coach a basketball team at any level for a few years. I think this would greatly improve their perspective on basketball. Kind of like the Kobe Vs. Chef turkish airline commercial where both thought the other had it easy.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote