View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: PG Draft Prospects

One of the strengths of this draft is PG's. I'm not calling it a strong draft but it's the safest pick, especially with so many question marks about the big men available. I think Irving, Knight, Walker, and Fredette all could be pretty good. With that said probably only one becomes an all-star type player, if that. Though they could be solid guys for a team.

Apparently, Fredette has been getting the best of he guys he's been competing against at the workouts. He was just in Utah with Walker and they say he was better. Fredette's shot was falling and he's been proving people wrong about his defense. I actually think he has the highest ceiling of any of the PG's. He's also kind of a risky pick, and grabbing him at #8 isn't the smartest thing to do, especially if a big man is still available to us.

I like Darius Morris. I question whether he'll be a true PG in the league. He almost seems like more of a combo. I'm not sure if he'll end up in the first round or not. Lee, Cole, and Mack are all guys I wouldn't mind taking a chance on either. With that said, I really like Jeremy Tyler or Jujuan Johnson with that first pick in the 2nd round. It seems like Miami would probably take a chance on one of them though. They want another big man bad. If that happens it seems like Lee probably has the most upside. There's the whole UCLA point guard in the NBA thing that he has going for him. They have a proven track record. I wouldn't be mad with any of them. It'll give some competition to Terrico White. I always liked the idea of having multiple 2nd round picks at the same position battling it out and pushing them to get better to try to make a roster. I consider Terrico a rookie again this year too.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote