View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kyrie Irving is the next big bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
lol go look at some of Irving highlights, his change of direction off the dribble and body control IS GREAT. he can contort his body and get a layup
He has very good athleticism. I just don't think that he is quite as fast or quick (which is part of athleticism) as Chris Paul.... And, Paul's ability to breakdown defenses with his quickness and speed is really what makes him so effective.

You are preaching to the choir, though... I've been high on Kyrie since I watched his high school tapes. His early-season dominance at Duke only re-affirmed what I already thought.

A lot of people don't realize that the Irving they saw in the tournament was only at about 60-70%... He was nowhere near healthy, he hadn't been practicing, and he was out of shape...

And he was STILL far and away Duke's best player in the tournament and scored 29 points on 9-of-15 shooting against Arizona in the team's loss. He was the only guy to show up in that game for Duke. Yet, people use it as a reason that he will be a bust on the next level... Very strange.... A guy playing at 70% going against arguably the most athletic team in the nation and scoring 29 points on 60+% shooting...

Irving is legit.

I'm just interested to see who we pair him with. I'm becoming more and more sold on Valanciunas. The guy is a legit 7-footer with a giant wingspan, great defense and he is deadly on the pick-and-roll (where Kyrie will excel).

Irving/Valanciunas could be a nice foundation for the future.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote