View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Why do some GMs appear to be so dumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
So, you're telling me that giving Corey Maggette a contract like that was a sound move? Tons of fans called that dumb at the time and now they're trying to get rid of him. Same thing with Jefferson, Harrington, Jason Kapono, Matt Carroll, Brian Cardinal, Jerome James, etc. I'm not saying they're dumb because they mess up occasionally. I'm clearly saying they're dumb for doing things that are so clearly dumb, it's beyond belief. I'm not talking about signing a guy and it just doesn't pan out but the guy was a good signing. I'm talking the "what are they doing?" type of signings that never end up working out that even fans can see from a mile away.

Did you even even read what I wrote? I acknowledged that fans don't know what they're talking about.

Make the call on the deals when they're done...not after the results are in...and your argument would have at least a bit of validity.

GM's have owners to deal with. Just like any boss, there are times you've got to go feed the boss' wants/needs. They also have salary cap issues to deal with, along with internal finance. I've seen enough of the posts here to know that VERY few posters really underdtand the cap and, unless you're inside, there's no way to understand yhe full financial situation.

I guarantee Dallas would say every penny spent on Cardinal was a good investment based solely on what he did in the Finals.

I would love to see the typical ISH poster run a team. Hell, even a concensus of the "best minds" on the site. They'd win fewer than the Washington Generals.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote