View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: It's Official - Ricky Rubio is part of the Wolf Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Depends on which hype to which you are listening....

ESPN and the NBA want to hype him as another bridge to a partnership between European pro ball and the NBA.

Casual fans have heard of him for four years, have seen highlights, and thus see him as a Nash-type baller with Elite size for the PG position.

Rational T-Wolves fans see him as a potential upgrade on Ridnour/Flynn, but one that will need proper coaching, mentoring, and development.

Personally, I'm optimistic but hesitant. I know he's not an immediate solution, nor do I believe he'll be ready to step in on Day One and contribute like the hype machine may suggest.

Either way, I'm stoked he'll finally make his way to Minneapolis this year.... and I hope I can run into him somewhere some way

I have tried to stay up to date on his whereabouts since we drafted him and what I saw...was mixed. I love his pass first mindset. He has great leadership skills, creative, and a ton of other great attributes. The thing that worries me is: he is turnover prone, can't fight through screens, limited mid-range game, can't shoot off the dribble. But like you, I am willing to give Rubio a chance. I mean he is all that we have. I really don't like Flynn. I like Luke Ridnour..but he can't play defense. So, it is on Rubio now. I hope that he can bring the goods...because we need for him to be better than good.

Last edited by JellyBean : 06-23-2011 at 06:56 PM.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote