Thread: Suns Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Default Re: Suns Draft

Here and on the nba.com/suns forums everyone seems to be a little down on this pick. Markieff brings toughness to our front court which I think will pair nicely with Gortat. To be honest there weren't any allstars to pick from, so there was no one to get out there that would make us a playoff team. In order for that to happen we need other teams to get worse, which sucks but that's pretty much how it is.

But fear not Suns fans, I think this is a solid pick and could be part of a series of moves that sets us up. We'll never go back to the Nash era again, even though it's not officially over, it's over folks. I hope the Suns take a page out of the (yes I am gonna say it again) OKC and SAS playbook. We have what could be a strong defensive minded front court with some pretty decent size, especially if Fropez can at least AT LEAST be serviceable as a back up.

If we end up in the Lottery next year who knows where we pick and how good of a draft it will be. Also something to think about is Nash is out of Phx, not today maybe not by the beginning of this season but by seasons end Nash will be gone. We could possibly make a decent enough trade for him or use his money to sign a good player with.

I am always over optimistic about the Suns, probably cause I care too much damn it all (). Still I say have faith fellow Suns faithful, the road will not be an easy one, but we could find ourselves back among the West's elite. I see a team much more like SAS than the run and gun era. Blanks helped create and shape that SAS team and I believe was around when the Pistons were winning chips. Lets all pray for hope, that the Suns can do the right things during this rebuilding process.

Go Suns!!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote