View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Chad Ford's Draft Grades [Need an ESPN Insider please]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Well, you do need rotation players.

Personally, I really have no idea if knicks made right choice, but I don't like the rationale for decision. Knicks need lots of player. They gave away all their talent to Denver. So the Knicks shouldn't be picking for need....just talent mainly. So to hear Grunwald say "we are picking for defense", I think that's a bad sign.....just pick the best talent.

I mean, Shumpert could be good, but, of course, he was the first pick in the draft where the analysts were saying "Shumpert's a reach at this draft spot." ....of course....

We'll see. Usually you have to wait 2 years to see how these picks pan out anyway. I personally wanted Knicks to try to get more size, but whatever.
they picked shumbert because they liked his workout. you are right, they need rotation players. so they picked the guy they thought most would be a rotation player. i think the reason they didn't like some of the bigs on the board was they were so similar to what we had with Turiaf, Jefferies, etc. - very 1 dimensional players. basically we'd upgrade but with same type of player.

btw, shumbert for good or bad seems a little "off". Hopefully he's a real grinder and not a shmuck, that "off" can be either.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote