View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Welcome Marshon Brooks, Bojan Bogdanović, and Jordan Williams to the Nets!

wow, the nets had a chance at tyler with their final pick and still passed on him. GM's were still spooked, i guess.

re: steal of the draft,
nets won the award at least three times recently and their names were all williams. so the award scares me a little. :P

as for brooks, who knows what to think:
Quote:
Jonathan Givony Interview with RaptorsHQ
June 20, 2011

I'm surprised by the way that Marshon Brooks has risen up the boards. He was a mid second-round pick six weeks ago, but then he started going through the process, he had good measurements, he had a good showing at the combine, and his stock has really, really risen to the point that he's probably going to be a mid-first-round pick. He might have gone at 45 six weeks ago. I think history tells you that that's always a bit of a red flag.

I watched him play extensively this season in person and on tape and I wonder if he's going to be able to get away with some of the things that he did at Providence, the way he monopolizes the ball, his shot selection, the tunnel-vision he shows, the bad body language, the lack of enthusiasm for playing defense. But I felt the same way about Nick Young, I felt the same way about Jordan Crawford, these guys end up having NBA careers. Whether they're the most efficient players, whether they end up helping their team win games, that's up for debate.

that was from draftexpress. a much more detailed article is here:
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...n-Brooks-3756/
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote