View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amare says he will NOT go overseas, NY and Knicks are his focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I saw him post it on twitter and was so happy.

But I never really felt overseas ball was an option for him. Same with Melo, Kobe, Wade, LeBron and anyone who has a big contract in the NBA. Deron Williams is taking a huge risk, but he's only got 1-2 years on his NBA contract, he wouldn't lose nearly as much as Amar'e (who has 4 years) or those other guys if he were to get injured. Also, I think it would cost a lot more to insure a guy like Amar'e... definitely not worth it for a Euro team
I think the great fallacy here is that this "euro option" is good for the union. It's not. it fractures them (The rich like Deron get richer, the players who actually need the money with smaller deals are ****ed.) With the Union telling everyone to stay together, how bad is it that people with $13M deals are going to make sure they are least get $5M during the lockout. It also makes them players to the casual fan (not us) look like greedy bastards. Deron Williams, who has yet to commit 100% to the Nets and took off the remainder of the season last year to get healthy, commits 12 seconds into the lockout to make sure he "gets paid" and "collects a paycheck" from a "great business decision, not personal". All in quotes because he said it, not others.

It makes the players look greedy. It makes the owners cause look better (when you and I know it's iffy).
niko is online now   Reply With Quote