View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #27
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How good do you think we are next year?

Quote:
They do? Millsap and Jefferson didn't work together. What else do they have? AK who appears ready to bolt to Europe. A couple nice unproven prospects and a one dimensional and overpaid Okur who still has to show he can even get on the court. He's an expiring contract and nothing more right now. Fessenko should be done now with the two kids in place.
The people who didn't fit together were Sloan and Jefferson. He was unwilling to feed the ball to a guy who in all likelyhood wouldn't be able to make a great pass that Sloan needed to run his system.
So which front courts are better? Millsap is a 17-8 guy with really great defense and Jefferson was 22-11 after Sloan left. Then they have one of the best backups in Favors, who is already proven to be a great rebounder and defender. Kanter could be great or terrible, I don't know much about him, but either way that's undeniably one of the best front courts in the league

Quote:
Based on how they finished last year they very well could be. What have they done to improve their situation? They got younger. That usually isn't the way you get better. The young guys will improve but they got even younger.
Not really. They got 2 new draft picks is all, I wouldn't call that getting younger since they probably will be bench players this year anyway. And last year they finished with injuries, and a new coach.

Quote:
There's no debate as far as I'm concerned. Millsap is their best player far and away. All I've heard is how great Jefferson's post moves are and despite that Millsap was the far more effective offensive player despite not getting the touches that Jefferson did.
Sorry, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Jefferson went crazy after the all star break, and pretty much proved he was a lot better scorer then millsap.

Quote:
Harris is on the downside of his career it appears and even Jefferson at 25 seems to have played his best ball. Millsap continues to improve. Put him next to a defensive center and watch him go.
Harris should be gotten rid of. I don't like the guy at all, he doesn't bring anything to the table but transition offense.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote