View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
LOGoods7
I hit open layups

LOGoods7 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: NBA 2k12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
2k11 is a fun game but there was so much wrong with it.

For 2k12 I hope they fix:

1. Morphing/Ball Tangibility - I get so sick of playing great defense and the cpu just shooting or passing the ball through my players and scoring or drawing a foul. I know it can't be completely eliminated, but the ball should at least be tangible 99% of the time. I can't count how many times even in My Player where I've played great defense on a guy, he shoots the ball through my hand, makes a shot and I get can "Allow Man To Score". it's so frustrating.

Translation Of Difficulty

2k still hasn't learned how to correctly translate difficulty. They feel they have to cheat you to challenge you.

2. AI
2a. - The My Player AI is TERRIBLE. You have to be a one man army for your team to win. I play SG for the Bulls. I shouldn't have to average 30/8/8+ playing with Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah. Rose can't score to save his life and he never makes open 3's although he loves to shoot them. Deng chucks as soon as he gets the ball. He will not pass the ball no matter the situation. If there are 2 people on him he will still shoot it. Boozer and Noah are the only reliable teammates, Noah more so than Boozer. They run the same plays over and over for Deng or Boozer, even if they don't work. Rose never gets plays called for himself. And despite me being Top 5 in the NBA in scoring, leading the team in scoring and shooting almost 60% from the field, they NEVER run plays for me. I've literally had 1 play called for me in 2 straight seasons with the Bulls. They also don't play transition defense. My teammates will never contest the cpu's shots on a fast break. They will just move out of the way. They also won't run with me on a fast break when we have numbers. They always stop at the 3 point line.

2b. - The AI in general in horrible. In Association, your players never run fast breaks. They always fade out and stop at the wings. When they do run to the basket, they fade all the way out first so that when they do get to the rim the cpu is already in position to defend them. They are also oblivious on defense in transition. I had a situation where the other team was trying to run a fast break, but we were back in time. Nicolas Batum (who's a good defender) was in position to stop Kevin Martin from getting to the basket. But instead, Batum decides to run back towards the offense to give Kevin Martin a clear lane to the basket. Martin gets the pass, and he scores.

I could mention a lot of other things but I'll step off of my soap box for now

Agree with everything above, MyPlayer has potential to be fun as hell but it's honestly a joke. It was fun before the patch where they forced you to run plays, even though it was pretty unrealistic but the patch seriously just ruined it. It just pisses me off how your team always runs the same play even when it results in a horrible shot. I think 2K12 should have a combination of both plays and freelance offense, but make the plays more varied and just fix the damn AI because it is horrible.

Here's some of my opinions:

1. Rebounding. I don't know if it's just me because I've never heard anyone complain about it, but does anyone get annoyed by the rebounding in this game? What I mean is sometimes I'll have my player in perfect position to rebound and press the rebound button, and the dumbass players jump with their hands up and barely miss grabbing the ball because they don't move their arms so I honestly think 2k12 needs dynamic elbows or shoulders so players can actually move their arms to grab rebounds

2. Passing. I liked how they made passing more difficult this year, but some of it is just honestly BS how the defenders just stick their arms out when they're not even looking at the ball. Passing should be more difficult, but make it reasonable at least. They should also add passing control, because a lot of this BS might have not happened if i could choose to throw a lob pass or bounce pass.

3. From my understanding, holding L1 is supposed to start a pick and roll. I get a good screen a lot of the time, but the screener never rolls which makes it pointless.

There's tons of other crap I can't think of at the moment that have made me want to throw 2K11 out of the window. I've pretty much purchased NBA2K every year it's come out on release day, but I'm either skipping 2K12 or waiting a long ass time to see what they messed up before I get it. Maybe Elite will put out a good product, my trust in 2K has diminished after the past couple years.

I used to care about fancy presentation but I honestly don't give a shit anymore about it. Either 2K12 has realistic and fair gameplay, or no 2k12 for me.
LOGoods7 is offline   Reply With Quote