View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Who should the Raptors draft? And why?

And who is your second choice? (And why?)

I would draft LaMarcus Aldridge, PF/CT from Texas, with the first selection in the draft. Why? The drafting of Aldridge does many things for our club, first and most important, it gives us a very talented individual to play alongside franchise player Chris Bosh at the center position. LaMarcus also brings many things to the club that we sorely lack, his defensive presence would be a huge asset to our team, something that I don't feel we would have the luxury of passing up.

My second choice would be dependant on what happens with the pick, if we trade down, it probably means that we want to select a point guard, and the first point guard I would choose would be Connecticut's Marcus Williams. He has great playmaking ability and is not afraid to distribute the basketball, unlike last years point guard Mike James whom was continually disrupting the flow of the offense. Drafting Marcus Williams would fill our second need for the team and once again would add more talent, assuming we trade down.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote