View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The NBA Statistics of the Great Vassilis Spanoulis: Europe's best player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
1995–1996

The expectations in the team had now risen a lot, as it was imperative for Panathinaikos to obtain a significant title. In the summer of 1995, they acquired Dominique Wilkins, one of the top American players playing in Europe. The coach of the team was Božidar Maljković. The former along with Giannakis, Vranković, Alvertis and Patavoukas comprised a very experienced team, which, in 1996, managed an unprecedented success for Greek basketball. Indeed, in April 1996, at the Paris Final Four, Panathinaikos became the first Greek team to lift the European Championships (now called the Euroleague), beating FC Barcelona in a unique tournament final, by a score of 67–66. Back in Greece, right after the big win in Paris, the exit of Dominique Wilkins in the league final led to the loss of a championship from Olympiakos with 35 points difference.

So, you are lying again. They lost to Olympiakos AFTER 'Nique left. They won Euroleague (first Greek team ever to do so) with him there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panathi...5.E2.80.931996

Here's some more:
Unhappy with his role on a rebuilding Celtics team, Wilkins signed to play for Panathinaikos of the Greek League. He averaged 20.9 points and 7.0 rebounds for Panathinaikos and led the team to the Euroleague title in 1996 alongside teammates Fragiskos Alvertis, Stojan Vranković and Panagiotis Giannakis. During the Final Four that was held in Paris he had 35 points and 8 rebounds in the semifinal against CSKA and a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds against Barcelona in the final. His performances earned him the Final Four MVP award. He also won the Greek Cup with Panathinaikos and was named the MVP of the Final.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Wilkins

Edit: You changed your post from "Dominique didn't win" to "The refs cheated" as you usually do when you run out of arguments.

It's pointless talking to you.

Hey dumb ass. You better provide proof that the refs did not rig the Euroelague final and proof that Wilkins did not play the 4 games of the Greek League final.

You better provide proof.
Not some lies from Wikipedia.

Because I am done with being called a liar by dishonest people like you. Making the whole forum think I am a troll and a liar. You just lied about everything and made it all up. Everything you posted is a lie.

So, you better provide proof it being true real quick. Otherwise we are going to have the site owner decide on what to do about it. No more am I going to accept people lying here and then saying I am the liar when they get called on it.

The true facts can be given to Jeff and then he can decide on what to do with you since you so brazenly presented lies as truth here and then dared to claim I lied about it, when I posted the truth only.

I'm not playing these games with losers like you anymore.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote