View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should NBA Draft have three rounds? Should bad teams get an extra first round pick?

At first I thought the idea of a 3-round draft sounded pretty cool. But some of you bring up good points. There really doesn't seem to be a high number of 2nd round picks making ballclubs these days. And I guess in a pinch, teams can just take their pick of undrafted free agents.

However, I do believe a 3-round draft could offer some positives. For starters, I think it could further bolster the legitimacy of NBDL rosters. I'm in favor of NBA teams developing more ownership over these clubs. I know it doesn't stand for much in the scheme of things, but I'd be a lot more interested in the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants if I knew they contained more than just one or two Pistons prospects.

Further, perhaps a 3-round draft and increased NBDL presence could assist in developing and producing late round picks. I wouldn't expect 2nd and 3rd rounders to begin churning out as NBA stars. However, I do think this could provide a home base for teams to locate and gather surprising talent (as opposed to plucking from various unaffiliated leagues).

Regarding the "numerous picks for bad teams in one round" idea, I do not favor such an idea. My reasoning is lacking, but I just like how individual draft rounds are set up now.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote