Thread: Alex Smith
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...416/alex-smith

Looks like a bust to me. Bust = failed to live up to expectations. The season he is having just tells me he isnt a joke of a starting QB. There are QBs who started in the past because teams had no alternative solution. Alex Smith isnt that bad. But to think so far this season the bust label should be removed? No sir.

#1 pick overall in the draft. I know of a guy who went in the same draft. Guess what he's doing today.

Don't base everything on stats.

His first year was just a disaster, he was literally thrown into the wolves.. Not to mention he was an extremely raw QB coming out of college and playing on those earlier Niner teams didn't exactly help him out. The improvement he made to his second season was tremendous but then injuries, constant coaching shifts, not playing, etc, all contributed.

You can't even compare Smith to Rodgers as Rodgers sat behind a HOF QB and inherited a great team. Smith had incompetent OC's, terrible lines, poor recievers, etc. Although part of the blame was on Smith I don't think Rodgers would have fared any better..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote