Thread: PG Position
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Default Re: PG Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
As far as free agents they better not have Price as the back-up again!

Could look at Barea, Ford, Brown, Boykins, Telfair, Carter, Mills, or bring back Earl. Mills would be a young guy with some potential to take a look at. And he was behind their first round pick at the start of last year before the guy went down so he could be had I'd imagine. Supposedly they had interest in Flynn too and it sounds like he's still available. He didn't seem like a good fit but who knows who might be a good fit now if Corbin and staff change things up from the old way of doing things.

Also the possibility that teams will be able to get rid of a player with bad contract once they come to an agreement like last time. I think u have to get rid of Okur if u can but they could look at Devin or Jefferson with longer deals but they have trade value and more to offer on the court. Okur would have an expiring contract that would be of value too. Knowing the Jazz though they wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity like last time.
I like Mills, but he's not really much of a facilitator on offense. Probably a bit of a duplicate of Harris to be honest. Same with Telfair and Ford, although those two would probably be the cheapest options. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Watson or maybe looking at another cheap guy like Acie Law. If you can get Flynn for the right price, then you'd have to think about it too.

I'm with you on Price, would rather someone else as the backup PG.

I'd say Okur would be the obvious choice for a buyout. Don't see them shelling out the $30 million to buyout Jefferson (If they even have that kinda dough on hand). Don't think you can/should buy out Harris until you get a long term replacement set.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote