View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Batman Arkham City: "One of the best games ever made" 10/10 score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
When it comes to gaming intangibles I don't think you can define like you can clutch, leadership etc in basketball. You into cars? I've owned multiple performance cars and some of them you can't explain why it feels better when you drive it but you just know it does. It's the same idea. I can't tell you what I mean by gaming intangibles but I mean the overall feel about the game. How it all feels when you combine everything at the end of the day.

BTW don't take IGN's formula too seriously. Only focus on the review itself and overall rating. You're first problem is getting hung up on their categories because they aren't consistent and they aren't even important half the time. You honestly think a game with sound and graphics at a 10 is going to matter when compared to ones with graphics and sound at an 8 or 9? NO.

It depends.
If you have two games with a similar game-play & lasting appeal; then having better graphics, sound and presentation certainly distinguishes one from another.

I mean Uncharted 2's graphics & sound is phenomenal; but I wouldn't like it as much as I do if it wasn't for its dialogue, characterization and overall gameplay. However, I can rather easily say that its graphics, sound and presentation puts it above many other games who have comparable game-play.

So yeah it does matter, despite them being secondary indicators.
I don't understand why you don't appreciate those features. I mean they basically make the experience that much more gratifying. I'm sorry but if Uncharted didn't have evolutionary graphics then that would totally affect its gameplay and lasting appeal. I think sound, graphics & presentation are integral parts of gameplay.

Saying they don't matter is like saying "It doesn't matter if we surf in Hawaii or Lake Ontario." Both will give you an andrenaline rush...

I'm sure that impression wouldn't last though, when you remove a used condom from your mouth while surfing in Lake Ontario.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote