View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #547
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
That's who I'm currently going with (for that very reason) but Earnest Graham is projected for nearly 12 points in our league since I guess Blount may not play much or play at all?? And Pierre Thomas, even against a banged-up Bucs defense, is still going to probably top out at 10 points but is even more likely to go for five or fewer since he's not even the primary back.

The Bucs' OL gets a lot of undeserved praise in the run game b/c Blount BUSTS his own way through the line, creating holes on his own and dragging defenders an extra 3 or 4 yards, something Graham won't be able to do. Graham will top out at 50 rush yards at best, and he may get you 5 or 6 catches, but at only about 4-8 yards per rec. If you're in a PPR league, then maybe Graham could get you ~10 points. And if Tampa ever makes it down to the goal line, they've been QB-sneaking Freeman in goal line situations here recently.

And I may be being a bit too pessimistic when it comes to Graham just because our offense has been very bad and Graham is pretty old for a RB who's been playing FB the last two seasons.

I guess that after I think about it, I'd go with Graham. At the beginning of the year before my draft, I told myself not to take a Saints RB b/c the carries will all be split 4 ways (Sproles, Ingram, Thomas & Ivory when he gets back) & that's a fantasy nightmare. The Bucs ONLY have two healthy RBs this week: Graham & Lumpkin.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote