View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Rod Higgins is an absolute idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
nahh that's not it. there are plenty of small market teams that become top tier teams. look at teams like san antonio, okc and cleveland. the cavs were absolutely top tier for what? 7 years? san antonio's been elite for over 10 years and running and okc's a smaller market than charlotte and they got to where they are today by drafting well and trading for the pieces they need.

it might be near impossible to KEEP your star players after x number of years, but it's far from impossible to get a small market team to the top. our management is just really incompetent. i think you're being overly negative due to the consistent failures of our FO

I see your point and I was talking about perennial big market teams like the Miami's, LA's and New York's. Cleveland was only good because of LeBron James, he bolted for a bigger market. The jury is still out on OKC because we don't know how good of a person Durant is. San Antonio got lucky that Tim Duncan is such a nice person.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote