View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Adrian Peterson tears ACL, needs reconstructive surgery

This reminds me of a conversation that has been had, in some form, with primetime over and over. I'm pretty sure he has claimed Peterson could retire tomorrow and be a HOFer. Say this is the end for AP as a dominant back (and I really hope it's not) would his current body of work be enough to get him in the HOF?

Five Seasons: 72 GP, 6,714 yards (59th all-time), 63 TD (T-37th), 4.8 ypc (T-37th), 93.3 ypg (4th)

I don't know how bad the injury is. It's going to be a hard one for him to come back from but I'd be surprised if he doesn't still have at least another 3-5 years of being a good back. Meaning he'll add a few more thousand and 10-20 more TD's to those numbers at a minimum. But this does beg the question, if his career were done after today, would those numbers be good enough to get him in the HOF?

And yes, that's just to try and stir the pot and get a reaction out of PT.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote