Thread: Gay for Battier
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #30
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFanatic
I think we should take Mike James back, i am really pissed that we traded Rudy Gay to the grizzlies for Shane Battier, but then when i heard we also gave them Swift i was really anoyed. I think we should try to get a rookie that didnt get drafted like darius Washington Jr., or Mike Gansey. I think we should trade Juwan Howard for anyone young that can play, maybe to memphis for Hakim Warrick. This would be a good starting linup next year.....

PG- Bob Sura/ Rafer Alston/ Darius Wahington
SG- Miek James/ Luther Head
SF- Tracy McGrady/Steve Novak
PF- Shane Battier/Hakim Warrick
C- Yao Ming/Mutumbo

For a fanatic you seem a little bit out of touch with what exactly is going on with this team and its players. Let me explain...

- Battier is not a PF. He can play there in SHORT stretches against a select FEW of the league's PF's. No way in hell is he starting.

- Memphis won't take Juwan Howard for Hakim Warrick. First of all, if Jerry West wanted Juwan, he would have taken him and not Stromile. Secondly, the contracts don't match up.

- Mike James and Luther Head would be the smallest (and still one of the worst) SG rotations in the league. No way in hell we win with that.

- There is an overwhelming possibility that Bob Sura is done...like, never step foot on the court again kind of DONE. They had a workout scheduled for him recently to see where he was health-wise, and it was cancelled because he couldn't even participate in it. IF he plays, he's not starting. Period.

- If we go with Mutombo as the ONLY backup at center, we are guaranteeing a second round exit at BEST. Not a chance in hell you get through the season and playoffs with depth that's thinner than those little sheets of paper they put in graduation and wedding invitations.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote