View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Basketball coaching discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwyane Rose
What's an easy but effective offensive system for a middle school team? I tried teaching the triangle and I failed miserably. Maybe Princeton offense?

The flex is a relatively easy offense to teach and has a bunch of applicable fundamental elements that allow you to build practices around pieces.

And you can add elements to it as you progress. Things like a screen and roll and screen and pop sets off of that high post catch.

But the problem is that most teams at the middle school level play zone almost exclusively. I run a zone offense that's a 1/2/2 in set that relies on L cuts, flooding a side with high post flashes, screens on the zone defenders, and seam attacks.
I have a variation of it that works well against a triangle and two as well.

I also have a second zone offense that I don't use as much that's essentially a wheel.

For my man offense I usually run a simple screen down screen away series, that frankly I wish I could expand upon, but we just don't see enough man to man to warrant using my 4 hours a week of practice time working on. It's easier to teach than the Flex.

There are only a handfull of times I face every year that play predominantly man, or at least an aggressive trapping zone, and that includes myself.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote