View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Basketball coaching discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Yeah, that's what I was doing but with pushups instead. It worked during the drill but by the time they got to the game they always lost that motivation. I'd threaten them with "if we give up 1 more rebound on defense you're doing blah blah blah next practice...GOT THAT?!"....which worked. But it'd start all over the next game.

The team I took over hadn't won a game in 3 years (literally 0-30) and we went 4-6 that year. I was pretty proud. But damnit I wanted .500!
I run the same drill.

Oh man, the first club I took over win was winless in 7th grade (A & B teams). After I took over. . .they went winless in 8th grade too. I stuck with them though. They loved the game. I'd work with them every summer, we'd play ball at the park all day, I'd coach them throughout high school until eventually. . .their senior year. . .in the district championship game. . .in overtime. . .against a team that'd beaten them by 30 earlier in the season. . .in our own gym. . .seven seconds left. . .down by one. . .magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7wp6HrGqoU

News Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMiP...eature=related

Proudest moment of my life. Just like teaching, it's moments like this that make it all worth it.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote