View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 AM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
How is SF/SG crowded? You have exactly one NBA caliber player at those 2 positions. That's Mo Pete who is a good player and all, but he cant score like Morrison. Bosh tends to disappear for stretches of games. Charlie is nice but he isnt going to excel at SF. Morrison is actually a solid pick. There isnt a center or PG to take at number one. They are beyond thin with swingmen in a swingman dominated league. Toronto basically got screwed, they won the lottery in the first year for like 3 that doesnt have anyone that helps them. They would be better with the 5th or 6th pick because whoever they draft is either going to be positional like Araujo or a backup. So they are either going to be criticised for drafting a position they already have or reaching bigtime to get a position of need. Either way the fans will act stupid and whine, lets be honest Babcock got castrated for both. I seriously wouldnt want to be the GM of the Raps.

I disagree, simply because LaMarcus Aldridge warrants the 1st overall pick and can play the center position in the NBA. So right away, your argument is flawed. Even then, the first pick has value, and it can be used to trade down for to a team who actually has a need for that first pick if Colangelo feels that we don't. I am very happy for the Raptors, getting the 1st pick can never be a bad thing, no matter the year or circumstance.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote