View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

My evaluation of the Knicks

Front Office
They need new blood in there. I'm not sure how much turnover the team experienced when Isiah Thomas left but the ability to evaluate prospect well has basically vanished. Their recent drafts look almost as though they simple looked at the mock drafts at ESPN or DrEx and went with those picks.

I'll withhold judging the Carmelo Anthony trade becauseI was so against it that I know I'll come off as biased. Hell, I probably am.

Perod, this organization needs to add someone to that front office to get it back on track. Personally, I'd LOVE for them to bring in Troy Weaver, assistant General Manager for the Thunder.

Coaching Staff
Coach D'Antoni's usual offense is a poor fit for the current makeup of the team. Tyson Chandler's offensive skill set does NOT fit what D'Antoni wants from his 5-Man. Mike Bibby, Toney Douglas, and Iman Shumpert lack the skills and decison making to do what D'Antoni wants from his 1-Man.

So what is happening is that D'Antoni is trying to adjust the offense on the fly. As is always the case, coaches who attempt to adjust their offense on the fly will coach offensively inconsistent teams.

I'm withholding judgement on the defense because without a real off-season installing a new defensive scheme in the NBA is EXTREMELY tough. So I'll give Mike Woodson a pass.

Roster
Right now this team is like a car that has a state of the art engine (Amar'e Stoudemire), state of the art brakes (Anthony), luxury seats (Chandler), and everything else comes from Pep Boys. It is a mismatch mess that logically COULD get you someplace but in practice is continually breaking down.

Carmelo and Amar'e could possibly work together but ONLY with a PG that really understands the game. Chandler could make the defense better but only if the system uses him effectively.

Overall, this team is improved over what is was a few years ago. Still there is a lot of work to be done if they want to battle for a championship.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote