View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #22
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

Unfortunately this is a load of BS.

I cant remember the last team outside of the Lakers (considering they traded for Kobe) that hasnt drafted its core and added FA's around them through trades and signings.

The Knicks has not benefited from the lean years because they have traded away picks and players for more players.

The Knicks since the Layden era has tried to buy entertainment as opposed to building the team the right way.

The Knicks is UTTER FAIL in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
So you rather be the milwaukee bucks who hasnt been contending since maybe kareem?Raptors who hasnt been contending since they entered the league. Minnesota, sacramento, philadelphia are in the same position. Chicago with their no. 1 draft picks hasnt been contending until last year. In fact boston, the winningest franchise have 18 year drought until they decided its enough and so they gutted their team for allen and garnett. Its hard to build through draft. If lakers didnt get shaq, wilt, kareem, gasol through trades, they arent winning.

Building a team is the same as in 2k12. You build by trading proven players or signing proven free agents. But signing free agents or trading is harder to do in smaller markets because they arent as attractive as big markets, thats why they are forced to build through draft. And thats the reason why only big markets wins in this league.

This team is fine. Our problem really is that amare has lost its touch. Imagine melo without that jumper, he would be worse i believe than amare. Thats why amare is not producing right now. A jumper is important for a faceup player coz without it, he cant beat his man off the dribble. And thats what causing spacing problems to our team. 2nd problem is that our pgs are just dumb. They have brains like a robot. They dont have any sense of judgment of when to take shots and to stop. I like jorts coz he knows when to shoot. You need a high IQ pg on this system or else we would be scoring 70 pts per game. All of our loses really came when our pgs jack up 20 shots per game which kills the momentum. Douglas and shumpert are the type of players that need pgs to decide for them. But davis is a high IQ player so These problems are really fixable.

I agree that the Melo trade wasnt good. I was against it as well. Unfortunately, most people didnt have a problem gutting a team to acquire him but it just didnt make sense basketball wise trying to field a team IMHO. No draft picks and now no salary cap space.

Last edited by Rameek : 01-17-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote