View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #10141
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

AMERICAN GANGSTER- 7.9/ 10

This is like the 4th or 5th time I've watched American Gangster in full since it's release in 2008 and I have to say, it didn't resonate with me the way it did previously. I don't know whether to chalk that up to the actual film itself or because it was late and I was baked as a clam.

I'm a big fan of this movie, Ridley Scott, and the acting of Russell Crowe, Josh Brolin and Denzel. When I first saw it in theaters, I remember being mind-blown at some of the themes and uncomfortable truths that were on display regarding the good ol U S of A. Just craziness.

Haven't seen it in a while so while it's still very good and a nice piece on underworld shit during the '60s/'70s, I had to kinda move it down a level of how I previously viewed it. Still highly highly recommended though if you haven't seen it. I guess the staying power wasn't as strong as other movies I consider great

Oh, I watched the Extended Edition and the ending scene is a pile of shit compared to the theatrical version

Last edited by ROCSteady : 01-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote