View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #10141
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

AMERICAN GANGSTER- 7.9/ 10

This is like the 4th or 5th time I've watched American Gangster in full since it's release in 2008 and I have to say, it didn't resonate with me the way it did previously. I don't know whether to chalk that up to the actual film itself or because it was late and I was baked as a clam.

I'm a big fan of this movie, Ridley Scott, and the acting of Russell Crowe, Josh Brolin and Denzel. When I first saw it in theaters, I remember being mind-blown at some of the themes and uncomfortable truths that were on display regarding the good ol U S of A. Just craziness.

Haven't seen it in a while so while it's still very good and a nice piece on underworld shit during the '60s/'70s, I had to kinda move it down a level of how I previously viewed it. Still highly highly recommended though if you haven't seen it. I guess the staying power wasn't as strong as other movies I consider great

Oh, I watched the Extended Edition and the ending scene is a pile of shit compared to the theatrical version

Last edited by ROCSteady : 01-17-2012 at 10:52 PM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote