View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone work(ed) night shift?

I worked a night shift back in Oct 2011. I think I even made a thread similar to this one, actually.
Anyway, I got through the boring hours by bringing a laptop with Internet accessibility with me.
Sometimes I would fall asleep in my car, too.

As for getting used to the schedule, your body might eventually get accustomed to it, but that wasn't the case for me. I worked from 6 pm to 6 am for several weeks, up until about Nov. I would get home, crash, & wake up a couple hours later.
The longest time I ever got to sleep during that work shift was from ~8 am to 12 pm. So just a little less than 4 hours. I started getting terrible looking bags under my eyes that still haven't fully gone away yet!
Try to get as much sleep as you can, man. It didn't work for me--- hence the reason I switched to the day shift after that--- but it might for you. Idk.
Good luck.
Try not to drink energy drinks. They'll keep you awake for a few hours but then make you crash terribly later. I was barely able to keep my eyes open!
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote