View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #24
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Yeah because the Clippers sure made out well with Olowokandi and Washington are still over the moon at getting Kwame.

Getting the number one pick in a weak draft is tough. Basically the player you take is not good enough to be a "#1 Pick" but he is anyway and when it happens they often crumble under the pressure, especially for a team like Toronto where a whole city is riding you. Aldridge certainly makes the most sense but I dont really see him playing center all that much, he just feels like a PF, but I guess thats because I base what he is more on his HS play than college. But this is certainly a draft that you are better off down a bit where the player is only expected to be a nice role player because thats about all you are getting outside of Rudy, LaMarcus and Adam and even those guys are not sure things.

I understand what you mean, and maybe you misunderstood what I meant when I said it can never be a bad thing. I meant that it's always a good thing that you get to pick the best player you feel is in the draft. Of course, the pressure may get to the player and then it will be horrible. But with the #1 pick, atleast you were able to get the guy you wanted and the guy that you thought would make the biggest impact.

If he crumbles or succeeds is a totally different subject.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote