View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #21
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

About as much as this:

Quote:
LeBron's losing points in my book because I really wanted him to become something special and all time great..but I think I'm slowly starting to see that he's not as good as I thought he was.

Which is what I was talking about.

Quote:
Oh, he"ll definitely be a HOF.

The thing is that I bought the hype and thought he'd be like MJ and Magic.
But then again, I didn't watch many games at the time and I just looked at stats which looked impressive.

Now that I see him play I don't feel like I'm watching such a great player.
Maybe that's just me but he isn't nearly as skilled offensively as T Mac was in Orlando.

I don't like his mid range game. Doesn't seem so skilled. Even his passing isn't all that. Seems to me that he only scores off of 3 pointers and driving to the basket.

Just doesn't look gracious at all.

Jordan and Magic combined is a bit much for anyone to live up to. What would that even be? Like a 33/12/9 player shooting 50-55% and winning 7 titles?

He is what he is. Being a 27/7/7 player at 19....then a 30/7/7 player at 20 and second in MVP voting. Great year this year. And its not like he doesnt win. On pace for back to back 50 win seasons.

Hes doing way better than anyone here predicted before he got to the L. I remember people calling me an idiot for saying hed get between 13-15ppg and 5 rebounds and assists as a rookie. People caught up in summer league and preseason shooting percentages. The only people I heard predicting what he is now is media types like Kornheiser on PTI who we all considered dumb for saying Bron would bea 20ppg rookie and all time great by 21.

Hes actually surpassed most expectations. Hes just not reached the truly insane ones yet.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote