View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #40
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mitch Kupchak Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Again.....PROVEN????? Please explain your definition.

Even Shannon Brown, Farmar and Sasha.....Lamar.......even Smush, have taken over games (Largely with Kobe out and we needed the scoring).
Look at all the 2nd string and 3rd string PG's who have taken over games and killed us over the years......Drew freaking Gooden took over a game to beat us.......tons of guys in the league have taken over games off the bench to win games. Take Kobe out of the next 10 games and the guys you mentioned won't be a factor. Just because guys have been in the league X amount of years doesn't mean they're PROVEN......Is Luke PROVEN????

There is a difference, in my humble opinion, between someone who gets hot in games, and someone who takes over completely. When Kobe is taking over for example, he controls the tempo of the lakers, as well as the other team.

When Smush or Sasha hit 4-5 shots in a row, it does not necessarily mean to me that they took over the game. See my point? Your point about Drew Gooden helps me a lot, because he is a proven player. He's lasted in the league. He gets a double double without coaches drawing plays for him.

I do think that someone who has lasted in the league, has lasted for a good reason. It means they are proven to be useful. Kapono has one of the greatest 3 point percentages in NBA history. He's a proven shooter. Troy Murphy is a proven veteran who has played on some pretty damn good teams in his career, with him being one of the best players.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote