View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Default Mike Brown said Lakers had considered signing Jeremy Lin...

Quote:
NEW YORK -- "Linsanity" could have come to Hollywood instead of the bright lights of Broadway.

The Los Angeles Lakers, who were one of several teams to express interest in New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin when he went undrafted out of Harvard in 2010, also considered signing the 6-foot-3, 200-pound point guard before this season began when Lin was a free agent.

"He didn't play much, [but] I knew who he was because when he was floating out there, I know [Lakers general manager] Mitch [Kupchak] had some interest in him and he brought his name up to me," Lakers coach Mike Brown said before Friday's game in New York. "But, obviously with the success he's had these last few games, it's more attention that he's been getting. You're hearing a lot about him."

Brown would not speculate how close the Lakers came to signing Lin after already drafting two guards, Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock, who were already vying for roster spots.

"I have no clue. We brought up a million names," Brown said. "I know that Mitch liked the guy and thought highly of him."

We could have gotten him for dirt cheap...

This makes me wonder who in the Lakers not doing their homework? Who was asleep on the job?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ing-jeremy-lin

Last edited by kobesabi : 02-12-2012 at 04:07 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote