View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #95
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dunk contest participants announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Iguodala is clearly an awesome dunker but there's something about his style I just can't put my finger on. I think his finishes are anti-climatic, like DeRozan's in his first dunk contest. He definitely dunks the ball, but there's little hand-rim interaction/follow-through. The limited hand-rim contact works when it's a player extending from the depths a la Dwight and Blake because there's still extreme power behind. With Iggy though, a few of his finishes in his contest looked a little sterile while the others weren't terribly clean.

I'm probably doing a horrible job of trying to break it down scientifically. There was just something, on some level, missing.

I think what it is is Iguodala is a dunker's dunker. Like he's so technical, he does things that we hardcore bball fans think: "Holy shit, how'd he do that?" but he lacks flair.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote